If you are a patient or family member of someone suffering from vision loss, Ensight can provide the best educational and informational materials to answer all of your questions and concerns. Ensight’s dedicated, professional staff have worked successfully with thousands of individuals who are struggling with vision loss. Here’s what we provide:
- Comprehensive, visual rehabilitation services that allow you the opportunity to work with medically trained professionals in low-vision skills and tools. Ensight has doctors of optometry as well as occupational therapists to work with you.
- Consultation with patients and their families to understand individual situations and how our services may provide opportunity to enrich their lives.
- Functional vision examinations to assure the patient’s visual limitations and potential are fully understood,
- Customized treatment plan with the best prescriptive devices, adaptive tools, technology, and training to meet each patient’s individual needs and goals.
- Opportunities for family and friends to learn how to achieve success.
- Newsletters for both adults and children that include the latest information on new technologies and resources for people with low vision.
- Support and networking groups for people with low vision.
In addition, our team of volunteers—many of whom have vision loss—facilitate activities and conversations for people with low vision that help Ensight accomplish its mission. We think of ourselves as an extended family of professionals, patients, and partners all sharing a common goal: to help people with vision loss become more than what they can see.
Central vision obscured: simulation
Learning safe cooking skills
Overcoming Obstacles When you Have a Vision Impairment
In the video below Ensight CEO Denny Moyer talks about overcoming obstacles as a person who has low vision. This interview was done by Patti Smith, founder of Living Her Legacy.